I was a finalist in the 2013 Women of Innovation awards that took place yesterday. The reception dinner was really beautiful. I was tempted with cake from the very start!
It was a very well put together event with great speakers.
Dr. Terry Wahls, M.D. was the keynote speaker. Her story was unlike any I’ve ever heard so I can definitely see why they chose her! To summarize, she was in a wheelchair and faced with being bed-ridden and reversed her own Multiple Sclerosis through means of a paleo diet and neuromuscular stimulation.
They had a record number of finalists for all categories this year! The category I was nominated for was Entrepreneurial Innovation and Leadership. All of us had to have started businesses and overcome some big obstacles as well. The finalist list for my category was:
- Anitha Nallure – ePATHUSA
- Ashley Hubler – University of Iowa
- Breahna Galbreath (Beecher) – Revive Design Studios
- Emma Peterson – Tikly
- Erin Rollenhagen – Entrepreneurial Technologies
- Kate Holt – University of Iowa
- Terry Wahls – University of Iowa