Adding your business to Google Maps is important so people can find you. It allows you to give Google accurate, up-to-date business information, such as your contact info, service, and hours. You definitely want to claim and control your business listing, so someone else isn’t able to.
- Go to Google My Business and sign in with a Gmail account that’s related to your business.
- Add all of the information you can about your business, including hours, a description, etc.
- Add photos! There’s options to add photos of your work, interior, exterior, etc.
- Within less than a week, you should receive a post card to verify your business on Google Maps. It will get sent to your business address.
- When you receive it, go back to Google My Business and enter in the verification code. This allows you to take final control of your business listing.
Let us know if you need help getting your business verified on Google My Business & Google Maps.
Don’t forget to sign up for our free monthly newsletter if you’re looking for tips on launching and growing a successful website.